Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Privacy Statement for TW Tools.co.uk
TW Engineering Co. Ltd (“TW Tools”) is committed to protecting your privacy. TW Tools is a trading name of TW Engineering Co. Ltd. Please read the following privacy statement to understand how your personal information will be handled when you use or register on the TW Tools website, or speak to a member of our team.
What personal information does TW Tools collect?
TW Tools collects personal information from you when you provide it to us directly, or through your use of our website, for example:
- Information about yourself and the company you work for, when you register for an account with us. This may include your name and contact details, your company name and company details, information about your role in the company, and how you heard about the site;
- Quotations, accounts and delivery information, if you make a purchase in respect of a contract for either our products or services;
- Records of your communications with us, e.g. if you submit email feedback to our website, submit a technical query, report a problem or otherwise contact us;
- If you respond to one of our customer surveys or promotion;
- If you network with a member of our sales team, for example at a conference, trade show or customer premises;
- Details may also be recorded with regards to how you use our website, such as the website you came from or are going to, your device's unique ID, your IP addresses and operating system, adverts you click on, products you search for, products that quotations were requested for, and information you download. We may send marketing emails and these may also automatically detect whether you have received or opened the email or clicked on a link in our marketing materials. We use this information for our own performance measurement, but also so that we can tailor our promotions and advertising to you.
How does TW Tools use personal information?
Depending on how you use the TW Tools website, your communications with us, and the permissions you give us, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfil your quotation requirements and/or provide you with the services you have contracted for.
- To maintain your online account with us.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service advisors.
- To personalise the TW Tools website for you and show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history and your browsing activity.
- To improve and maintain the TW Tools website, and monitor its usage.
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products and services.
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We rely on the following legal basis, under data protection law, to process your personal information:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
- Because it is in the legitimate interests of TW Tools and your company, where you are submitting orders on your company’s behalf.
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
- Because it is in TW Tools’s legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers in order to offer the best products and customer experience. We use information about you to tailor your experience of the TW Tools website, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view.
With whom does TW Tools share personal information?
TW Tools needs to share information with certain selected third parties in order to operate our business:
- Service Providers: We provide information to our service providers acting on our behalf (for example to companies that provide digital marketing services like product recommendation, statistical analysis, business & operational insight, website optimisation), as well as to those third parties involved in the delivery chain (for example freight forwarders, couriers and delivery companies). On occasion, we also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors.
- Government Authorities: Where you order is due for delivery outside the UK, we may need to share information with customs authorities both in the UK and in the country of destination. We may also share personal information with law enforcement or other governmental authority, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
- Credit & Fraud Checking: We may share information with credit reference agencies and with third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- Media: From time to time, we may release aggregated and anonymised marketing statistics to business partners, or may use these in press releases, advertising, or published reports. We would only personally identify you or any other customer in such press releases, advertising, or reports with your prior consent.
- Business or Asset Sale: In the event that we sell any business assets, the personal information of our customers may be disclosed to a potential buyer. In this event, we will make reasonable attempts to ensure the buyer will be bound by the terms of this privacy statement.
TW Tools may also disclose personal information in cases where we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of TW Tools, our customers, employees or the public, or where we are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Where does TW Tools store personal information, and how long for?
TW Tools also uses service providers based around the world. Consequently, your personal information may be processed in countries outside of Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rights in respect of your information than you do under local law. If we transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate safeguards.
Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
What does TW Tools do to protect my personal information?
TW Tools always aim to deliver the highest level of service and security to our customers and the TW Tools website has been specifically designed with security in mind.
In order to ensure the security and protection of your personal details whenever you submit any sensitive information such as credit card number and account details, we use the following security methods:
- 128 bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption - the latest technology to encode and protect your data - which is your guarantee for a safe and secure transaction.
- Sensitive credit card information used by our in-house systems is held in encrypted format for the processing of transactions.
- Your TW Tools online Account Information and TW Tools online Personal Profile are password-protected so that you and only you have access to this personal information. You may edit your TW Tools online Account Information and TW Tools online Personal Profile by using your TW Tools online user name and password and by clicking on the Update My Details button on your home page navigation bar. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email.
How does TW Tools use my personal information for marketing?
Unless you opted-out during your account registration and purchase, TW Tools may send you emails, call or text you regarding TW Tools products and services. In addition, we may occasionally send you direct mail about products that we feel may be of interest to you.
It is likely that some or all of these marketing messages may be tailored to you, based on what we know about you and/or your company, for example from your online Personal Profile, your previous searches and browsing history on TW Tools online, and your purchase activity.
If you no longer want to hear from us, at any time you can:
- Edit your preferences in the ‘My Account’ of the section of Client Login, which you can access anytime through the link in the navigation bar.
- Unsubscribe from emails by clicking on the link in each email
- Use the contact form in the ‘Contact Us’ section of twtools.co.uk.
You may also see adverts for TW Tools on third party websites, including on social media. These adverts may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, to enable us to serve adverts to customers who have visited TW Tools online). If you no longer want to see tailored ads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third party websites.
How can I access, update, correct or delete my personal information?
You can view and edit your Personal Profile information at any time by clicking on the 'My Profile -Update Details' section in My Account, which you can access anytime through the link in the navigation bar.
If you have forgotten your password, or have any other problems accessing TW Tools online, please contact TW Tools Customer Services on 0115 9323223.
If you have a query regarding your personal information which you cannot resolve via your online Personal Profile, please contact us using the details below. Under UK data protection law, you have the right to access (including in a machine-readable format), correct, and request the erasure of your personal data, and TW Tools will comply with any requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
For questions regarding this privacy notice or how we use your personal data, please use our contact form and put in the Content ‘GDPR’.
You are also entitled to contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal information.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law, regulatory guidance or our data privacy practices in compliance with the law. When this happens and where required by law, we will provide you with a new or an updated notice detailing how the use of your personal information is changing and, if necessary, obtain your consent for the further processing.
Cookies are used for a number of things that help improve your online experience. If you're browsing in the TW Tools website (TW Tools is a trading name of TW Engineering Co. Ltd) and have put something in your basket a cookie will make sure that the item stays in your basket when you move to a different page and then on to the checkout.
Other ways we make our online service easier to use include using cookies that:
- make login faster by remembering your customer details
- make the page load quickly by sharing the workload across computers
- give you access to self-help information and our live chat (when available)
- make sure our pages are optimised for your browser or device by giving us technical information about the device or browser you are using
Cookies can help give you content that matches your preferences. We might give you relevant offers because we know what other offers you liked. They also allow you to customise a page.
Safety and security
Some cookies help make sure your information is secure when using our services while keeping our forms and shopping site easy to use.
Improving our service
To make sure you don't see particular adverts or announcements too many times we use a cookie to limit their frequency.
TW may place 1st party cookies on your machine to provide more relevant ad messages.
To opt out of first-party cookies please use our contact form. These cookies are anonymous and will not collect personally identifiable information.
Find out more about third party cookies.